Nobody wants to be stuck in the kitchen all day instead of at the party. These recipes are designed to pre-make, then share — buffet style.
Watermelon and Pomegranate Salad
with Whipped Feta
Serves 4 as a side
- 1 kg seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 40g toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- 1 small French shallot, thinly sliced
- 35g wild rocket
- 1 large handful mint leaves
- 2½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- ½ small garlic clove, finely chopped
- Sumac, for dusting
- 150g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ small garlic clove
To make the whipped feta blend the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, season to taste and spread over a serving platter. Arrange the watermelon over the whipped feta and scatter with the almonds, pomegranate, shallot, then top with the rocket and mint leaves.
Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, juice and garlic in a bowl to combine, season to taste and drizzle over the salad. Scatter with sumac and serve.
For more easy entertaining recipes, click on the links below.