Nobody wants to be stuck in the kitchen all day instead of at the party. These recipes are designed to pre-make, then share — buffet style.
Salmon-Wrapped Asparagus with Avocado Toasts
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 200g sliced smoked salmon, halved lengthways
- 8 slices rye sourdough, toasted
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp dill leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Place the asparagus in a flat heatproof dish. Cover with boiling water and leave for 2 minutes. Drain, then refresh under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel.
Wrap the salmon around the asparagus spears. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Arrange on serving plate.
Top the toast with avocado and sprinkle with caraway seeds and dill. Season to taste and cut in half. Serve with the wrapped asparagus and lemon wedges.
For more easy entertaining recipes, click on the links below.
- Herb-crusted ham with pomegranate
- Roasted shellfish platter
- Figs with burrata and prosciutto
- Watermelon and pomegranate salad with whipped feta
- Salmon-wrapped asparagus with avocado toasts
- Rosewater and lemon ricotta cheesecake
- Raspberry cheesecake fingers
- Avocado chocolate mousse