Nobody wants to be stuck in the kitchen all day instead of at the party. These recipes are designed to pre-make, then share — buffet style.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (1kg total) cut into 1cm thick slices
- 100g assorted baby tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 mini capsicums (180g total) cut into quarters
- 8 baby cucumbers, sliced in half lengthways
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 slices multigrain sourdough (200g total) cut into 2cm chunks and toasted
- 40g pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 7 caperberries, sliced in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Large handful of basil leaves, torn
- 80ml olive oil
Arrange all the salad vegetables, sourdough chunks, olives and caperberries on a platter.
Place the basil emulsion ingredients in a blender and pulse until you have a smooth sauce. Drizzle the basil emulsion over the salad.
Sprinkle with the vinegar and a little more olive oil and season to taste.
For more easy entertaining recipes, click on the links below.